Free Roadside Assistance
Attica Tollway provides all users with free roadside assistance. A Roadside Assistance Station and a Special Vehicle Recovery Unit, for the transportation of immobilized vehicles off the motorway, are in operation on Attica Tollway. Roadside Assistance services are provided on a 24-hour basis, all along the motorway, at no charge, by specially trained staff.
A special roadside assistance unit is available for heavy duty vehicles.
Emergency Telephone Number
Call 1024* for any emergency on Attica Tollway:
- If you are involved in an accident;
- If you become an eyewitness of an accident;
- If your car is immobilised due to breakdown;
- If you notice something dangerous on the road pavement (object, flat tire, animal, etc.);
- If you feel unwell while driving;
- For any information regarding destinations.
- For any other information, call 30 210 6682222.
Please note that, under the Road Traffic Code, the use of mobile phones while driving is permitted only when the mobile phone is set on the speaker or when used with a hands-free device.
Emergency Roadside Telephone
In case of emergency, you can also use the Emergency Roadside Telephones which operate at the touch of a button. They are installed on the right side:
– Every 2 km on the open highway
– Every 50 meters inside the tunnels
In case of emergency
In case of emergency, users must follow the procedure below:
- The user must move his/her vehicle to the Emergency Lane located on the right-hand side of the motorway. In this way, the risk of collision with passing vehicles will be averted and the user will be in a safe position.
- The user must take all necessary measures as foreseen by the Road Traffic Code (such as turning on vehicle’s alarm lights, placing a triangular warning sign, reflective safety vest, etc.).
- The user should either dial 1024* on his/her mobile phone or use the special emergency telephones to notify the Traffic Management Center, stating his/her location according to the sign at the side of the motorway showing the kilometer number position.
- (S)he must wait for the Attica Tollway Mobile Patrol and Intervention Unit or, if necessary, the Vehicle Recovery Unit, which will be on their way to provide services as required.
*In accordance with the decision of the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission (EETT) with No. 966/2 – Government Gazette 5266/Β/30-11-2020, we would like to inform you that calls to 1024 are subject to the Tariff Policy applied by each mobile and fixed telecommunications network operator. For further information, please visit the website of your network operator as well as the website of the Price Observatory for Telecommunication and Postal Retail Services of EETT.